In 1953 Graziano Gasparini, Venezuelan commissioner for the Biennale, asked Carlo Scarpa to design a pavilion for Venezuela. In January 1954, the pavilion design is approved and the structure is roughly completed by October, while the XXVII Biennale is finishing. Only by 1956 the pavilion finishings are completed. It is conceived as three volumes sliding against each other. The form is simple and realized in rough concrete.