The Swimming Pool of Quinta da Conceição is a work of architect Álvaro Siza Vieira and was inaugurated in 1965, and is located in Quinta da Conceição, a public park located in the parish of Leça da Palmeira, Matosinhos county, Porto district.
Initially the site was the premises of the Convent of Our Lady of the Conception of the Order of St. Francis who arrived there in 1481. At present it is still visible the old cloister of the convent, some fountains, a “manuelino” style portal and the chapel of St. Francis.
In the 60's, the “Quinta” was the target of important improvements coordinated by Fernando Távora, renowned architect of sec. XX, where stands out the tennis pavilion and the swimming pool.
In addition to the swimming pool, the space features changing rooms and a bar/lounge. It runs during the bathing season - between June and September - from 10am to 7pm.