Pardubice will approve the contract for the multifunctional hall, the investor will pay for the landfill remediation

Publisher
ČTK
21.05.2026 18:45
Czech Republic

Pardubice


Pardubice - The City of Pardubice will not financially contribute to the remediation of the landfill at Nová Cihelna, which is located in the area where entrepreneur Petr Dědek's company will build a multifunctional hall. Both parties have completed the planning agreement after nearly two years; the arrangement is part of it. The document will be approved by the councilors on Monday. City representatives informed journalists about this today.


"We managed to eliminate legal uncertainties," said Deputy Mayor Jakub Rychtecký (We Live Pardubice). The agreement also addresses the deposition of excavated waste, which will be allowed in the area for a limited time, the deputy added. The remediation of the landfill is estimated to cost 1.2 billion crowns, it was stated today.

The agreement does not include operational support of 30 million crowns per year, which the entrepreneur had previously requested and the city refused. At the same time, the agreement focuses on transportation solutions in the area.

Since the planned hall is expected to accommodate up to 25,000 visitors during concerts, it requires sufficient parking spaces and the provision of public transport. The agreement addresses this not only around the hall but also in the area at Hůrky, where the investor is expected to build a parking garage and a public transport terminal. "The planning agreement is very comprehensive and addresses many details," said Rychtecký.

The agreement is not yet public, and the city does not want to comment on it in detail; it will later be entered in the contract register. The city has not prepared documentation this extensive and complex before, said Mayor Jan Nadrchal (ANO). He is satisfied with the outcome. "I believe we have reached the maximum possible compromises to make it advantageous and safe for both parties," the mayor said.

Behind the investment is entrepreneur Dědek, who owns a majority stake in HC Dynamo through his company. In addition to the billion-crown hall, he wants to build additional sports facilities or a hotel around it.

The territorial plan initially did not allow the investor to realize his plans in full. Therefore, he requested a change to the document, the councilors permitted it, even though they had previously voted that they would not change the territorial plan anymore. In Dědek's case, they made an exception.

Deputy Mayor Jan Hrabal (ANO) was part of the negotiating team and stated today that it is an honor for him to present the project, together with colleagues, to the councilors, as it can significantly advance the city.

In the coalition, it is clear that the agreement will be approved, and some opposition councilors, such as ODS, will also support it. Their councilors told journalists today that they would like to study some details over the weekend, but in general, they support the idea. "The agreement is set up as take it or leave it; it has to be approved as a whole, you can't just change something in it," said councilor Dušan Stránský (ODS). He commented on this in the spirit that councilors often have amendment proposals.

The city sent most of the materials to the councilors on May 15, and according to Stránský, it is a difficult legal text, and there is "not enough time over the weekend" to study it. Opposition councilor Filip Sedlák (Our Pardubice) would therefore appreciate it if important documents were sent by the city earlier. He will hence demand the withdrawal of the item at the council meeting and its presentation at the next session.
The English translation is powered by AI tool. Switch to Czech to view the original text source.
0 comments
add comment

Related articles